PENALTY CANCELLATION REQUESTS RELATED TO COVID-19
- In early October, we emailed “Approvals” and “Preliminary Approvals” to those taxpayers who requested penalty cancellation for the 2019-20 Annual Property Taxes.
- For the “Approval” email, there is no need to contact us now. We anticipate completing processing of all penalty cancellations and refunds by January 2021.
- For the “Preliminary Approval” email, you must respond to our request to provide us additional information. We cannot continue processing without your response.
- The 2020-21 Annual Secured Property Tax Bills will be mailed in October 2020. Due to the processing time for your penalty cancellation request, you may see “Prior Delinquency” on your property tax bill (example shown in the pink box below).
- If you filed for penalty cancellation after September 15, we are still processing these requests and will provide monthly email updates regarding the status of your request.
- You cannot submit penalty cancellation requests for upcoming installments until after the delinquency date has passed. For example, if you are unable to make the upcoming December 10th payment, you must wait until December 11th to make your request. Requests for penalty cancellation can be made here.