(Scroll down for
important News Releases)
| ** ATTENTION **
In December 2014, we updated our online payment system. Among the major changes we
made are the following:
- The payment entry, confirmation, and receipt pages were updated to make the documents easier to read.
- The business/corporate option for using electronic check (eCheck) was added.
- Language was added to clarify an authorization for a one-time eCheck. Please note that once you click on the “Process Payment” button, you will not have an opportunity to make changes to or revoke your authorization for this payment, as there is not a sufficient amount of time for you to do so since your authorization will be processed immediately. However, if you decide after you click the “Process Payment” button that you did not want to make this payment, you still have the option of contacting your financial institution to place a stop payment order. If a stop payment order is not received by your financial institution in a timely manner, your payment order will not be stopped.
- Language was added to clarify the service fee charges related to credit card and debit card usage for property tax payments. Please ensure that you agree with the service fee(s) provided before clicking on the “Process Payment” button.
| 2014-15 1st Installment Due
- Press Release (requires PDF reader)
| Attention Calabasas Business License Holders
- On August 28, 2014, the City of Calabasas (City) introduced Ordinance 2014-317, to establish a Business License Program for the City. The City's new ordinance took effect on September 26, 2014. Therefore, the Los Angeles County Treasurer and Tax Collector will no longer be providing business licenses or mailing and accepting renewal fees for any businesses located within the City as of October 1, 2014. The City will honor all existing licenses and their expiration dates issued by the County. For any questions regarding the City's new Business License Program, please contact Maureen Tamuri at (818) 224-1600 of the Community Development Department of Calabasas.
| Attention Public Health Permit/License Holders
- On May 13, 2014, the County of Los Angeles Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance to consolidate all responsibility for Public Health Permits and Licenses to the Department of Public Health’s Environmental Health Division beginning July 1, 2014. Previously, the responsibility had been divided between the Department of Public Health and the Treasurer and Tax Collector. Department of Public Health’s Environmental Health Division anticipates mailing out the 2014/15 Permit/License bills by the end of July 2014. Should you have any questions regarding a Health Permit/License, please contact the Environmental Health Division at 1 (888) 700-9995 or visit the Public Health website.
| The Los Angeles County Tax Collector reminds taxpayers that property tax payments must be received or postmarked by the delinquency date to avoid penalties. If a payment is received after the delinquency date, with no postmark, the payment is considered late and penalties will be imposed, in accordance with State law. Taxpayers who send a payment by mail are cautioned that the United States Postal Service only postmarks certain mail depending on the type of postage used, and may not postmark mail on the same day deposited by a taxpayer. To assist taxpayers in understanding how to avoid penalties that could result from postmark issues, the Tax Collector has compiled important related information on how to Avoid Penalties by Understanding Postmarks.
| New Requirement for Registration of Tax Agents
- Beginning July 1, 2013, anyone defined as a Tax Agent will be required to register annually before representing taxpayers before a county official. For more information about the program and who will be required to register, please visit the Assessment Appeals Board website.
| We accept online electronic check (eCheck), credit and debit card payments for current and defaulted taxes, business license renewals and delinquent account collections. To make your online payment, please select "Make Online Payment" on the left side of this page to begin. Please note that there are processing fees for using the credit and debit card options for tax payments. There are no fees for eCheck.
| You can now subscribe to receive emails from the Treasurer and Tax Collector with special notices and upcoming events, such as annual property tax deadline reminders, office location updates and other news. To subscribe to receive these notices, select Email Notification Service on the left side of this page.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.