WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING FOR A COUNTY BUSINESS LICENSE
- Not all business activities require a Business License. See list of business activities that require a license.
- If your business activity is listed, you must obtain a business license before you can operate. Failure to obtain a Business License is a misdemeanor.
- Verify the jurisdiction where your business is located. A County Business License is required if your business is located in the County unincorporated area or in one of the following cities: Calabasas, Malibu, Santa Clarita and Westlake Village.
- Review County Business License Regulations
- If you are unsure if your business is located in an area licensed by the County, you can check your business address on the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk website for verification.
Contact Business License Phone Number (213) 974 - 2011.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A COUNTY BUSINESS LICENSE
- Applications may be filed in person at any of the three Business License Offices of the Treasurer and Tax Collector. For your convenience, the locations and hours of operation of each Business License Office are listed below:
225 N. Hill St. Room 109
Los Angeles, California 90012
Telephone: (213) 974-2011
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Days: Monday through Friday
335A East Avenue K-6
Lancaster, California 93535
Telephone: (661) 723-4492
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Days: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday only
23757 Valencia Blvd.
Valencia, California 91355
Telephone: (661) 253-7342
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Days: Monday and Wednesday only
- There is a non-refundable fee that is due at the time you file your application.
- Depending on the nature of the business activity to be conducted, you may be required to submit photographs, fingerprints, documents, proof of insurance and/or special forms in addition to a Business License application.
- For more information concerning the application requirements, please contact any Business License office during its regular business hours.
ONLINE REQUEST FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATION
If you would like to request a Business License Application online, please go to Online Request.